3D Environment Artist
We are looking for a talented environment artist to join our team to work on our unannounced AAA title for PC and Consoles. As an environment artist you will be responsible for creating a wide range of realistic high quality, well optimised environmental assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating well optimised in-game models based on concept art or from (photographic) reference.
- Create realistic original textures and materials using Substance Painter.
- Set up materials, shaders and realistic lighting to achieve the best quality of environment art.
- Adhere to technical specifications and naming conventions when creating environmental assets.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Environment Artists, Designers and other members of the team to create the best scenes possible.
- Understand the full development pipeline and will implement finished optimised assets into the game.
- Troubleshoot issues to make sure everything is up to standards.
- Work in an indie studio, so you will have big responsibilities over major parts of the environment art.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A minimum of 1 year game industry experience, more experience is ideal.
- Excellent skills in Unreal Engine 4, Maya and Substance Painter.
- Well optimised workflow and creating a clean topology.
- Good knowledge of materials/shaders, composition, silhouette, colours and a good eye for detail.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Maintain and manage professional standard quality in a rapid and timely manner.
- Experience or knowledge of the game development pipeline.
- Able to process feedback in a professional manner and follow the direction of the Art Director.
- Self-motivated and a good team-player, able to collaborate with the full team to ensure a well optimised and quality product.
- Scripting knowledge to speed up the workflow is a plus.
- Experience with Zbrush is a big plus.
- Technical art skills are a plus.
- Being able to create professional standard VFX is a big plus.
- Level design knowledge is a plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Provide: Resume - motivation letter - website - Linkedin profile - references... (if relevant)
Please send your portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time in-house position
Location: Geel, Belgium
Available as soon as possible
About the Company
Warcave is a Belgian game development studio founded in 2017 and located in Geel, Belgium. We are a dedicated team of developers, designers, artists, programmers, and most importantly gaming enthusiasts. We create epic groundbreaking titles for PC and next gen platforms with great interest in strategy and RPG games. All of our games are developed in-house. We build and nurture long-lasting and inclusive communities around gaming experiences that engage, connect and exhilarate our players.