Stardock is committed to making visually compelling games. We are currently seeking a full-time Art Director at our Plymouth, MI studio. We work with bleeding edge technology and need an experienced veteran to guide and blend our amazing engineering capabilities with our talented art team. The Art Director not only sets the visual style of the game but provides specific guidance, both artistic and technical, on how to achieve those goals.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Champion of the overall aesthetics across multiple game projects.
- Establish visual targets for specific game projects.
- Create implementation strategies to achieve aesthetic goals.
- Provide specific visual feedback throughout the stages of production to completion.
- Pushing visual boundaries using a next-generation graphics engine.
- Able to get hands dirty and produce high-quality 3D models, textures, and animations as needed.
- Collaborate with design, production, and engineering to deliver AAA visuals.
Skills & Requirements
Education and/or Experience Desired:
- A proven leader in producing AAA visuals.
- Must have shipped at least one AAA title in either a Lead Art or Art Director role.
- 10+ years of experience in the games industry.
- A portfolio that demonstrates AAA experience.
- Experience concepting and/or creating 3D environments.
- Deep understanding of the art production pipelines to maximize efficiency and quality.
- Expert-level familiarity with Autodesk Maya and/or 3ds Max, and Adobe Photoshop.
- High proficiency in areas such as lighting, rendering, and texturing.
- Expertise with PBR based pipelines, software, and assets.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and ability to multi-task.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you're enthusiastic about the position and would like to tell us about it, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Art Director" in the subject line.
About the Company
Stardock is a software development company that was founded in 1991 and incorporated in 1993 as Stardock Systems. We initially developed for the OS/2 platform, but were forced to switch to Windows® due to the collapse of the OS/2 software market between 1997 and 1998. We're best known for computer programs that allow a user to modify or extend a graphical user interface as well as personal computer games, particularly strategy games such as Galactic Civilizations®, Sins of a Solar Empire®, Fallen Enchantress and more!
Our internal Stardock Entertainment division develops games for the Windows PC including Star Control®: Origins™ , Fallen Enchantress, The Political Machine™ series, and the award-winning Galactic Civilizations series.
We Also Publish...
Stardock Entertainment also works with 3rd party developers to publish Windows PC games like Ironclad Games™ Sins of a Solar Empire RTS franchise, Mohawk Games Off-World Trading Company™, Oxide Games Ashes of the Singularity®, and Gas Powered Games® action/strategy hybrid, Demigod™.