Technical Artist Contract - Forza Team
Playground Games is seeking a Technical Artist to join our Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa. This is an opportunity to work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent.
As a Technical Artist you will be building internal art processes and guiding asset pipeline implementation in collaboration with the Tools and Rendering team.
Ideally you'll have experience of working on published console titles with a wide experience of industry tools. Additionally familiarity with art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation would be ideal for this role.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience of working on published titles on consoles.
- Exposure to C++ and / or C#
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Exposure to a range of techniques for specialising 3D packages, such as scripts, plug-ins and existing software.
- Demonstrable ability with MAX or Maya scripting.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- A passion for games and game visuals.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is an Xbox Game Studio and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.