We are looking to expand the Hazelight team with a full time Character Artist.
Hazelight is an independently owned game development studio, in March last year we released our first title A Way Out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. We have now embarked on our next creative adventure. Hazelight is led by Josef Fares, writer and director of A Way Out and Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons.
At Hazelight we have a company culture of direct constructive feedback, always based on what would be best for our game. You must be ready to take responsibility and work efficiently and independently on assigned tasks within set deadlines. It is important that you thrive in a team setting since we are working in an open office environment.
As our new Character Artist you will work on-site with Hazelight’s great development team in our offices in Stockholm, Sweden. Last year we moved into our own corner of the magnificent Münchenbryggeriet by the waterfront in Södermalm, Stockholm.
As our Character Artist you will be creating characters and character related assets in an art production team. You will be involved in the character creation process from start to finish, being responsible for sculpting, modeling, texturing and integration of character assets into the game engine. You will be working closely together with Artists, Technical Artists and Animators to push the visual and technical quality of the characters to the next level.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates great experience in modeling, including both hard surface and organic assets.
- Strong modeling and texturing skills in a diverse visual range of characters, creatures and assets.
- Strong understanding of human form and anatomy.
- Experience modeling and texturing using Maya, Zbrush and Substance Painter (or similar programs).
- Being able to work with style variety and feeling comfortable with thinking creatively outside of the box.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work efficiently within a team.
- Greatly motivated to provide the best final look possible for the game and the player.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Shipped one or more titles on multiple Current New Gen/PC platforms as a Character Artist.
- Previous experience working in Unreal Engine 4.
- Familiarity with source control and asset tracking tools such as Perforce.
- A passion for games.
Earliest and preferred start date is November 4th.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this position please send your resume and portfolio in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. We might request a performance of a work test during this process.
About the Company
Josef Fares, writer and director of the critically acclaimed video game Brothers — A Tale of Two Sons and A WAY OUT, founded Hazelight together with its creative team. We're a studio built upon extensive experience from game development and film production. Hazelight focuses on story driven experiences and innovation to deliver titles that are highly original, yet elegant and mature.