(Senior) Asset Artist
Use your artistic skills to ensure all assets are of top-notch quality spec
Our Asset Art Team
Our Asset Art team consists of a group of dedicated artist, working closely with Art Direction and our Outsource partners, acting as the liaison between the two. As an Asset Artist you ensure our asset production is of consistent quality, aligned with out art strategy and easy to integrate into our game according to the technical specifications.
What you will do
As a (Senior) Asset Artist, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Provide feedback and direction at all stages of asset production to ensure artistic and technical quality via documentation and direct communication with our outsource partners;
- Create art packages for outsourcing;
- Integrate approved art assets into the game;
- Apply multiple asset creation pipelines, and techniques;
- Create, fix and polish outsourced models and textures to target specifications;
- Collaborate with other Guerrilla teams and determine art specifications and guidelines.
Skills & Requirements
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you when you are a (Senior) Asset Artist with the following skills and expertise:
- You have experience working on collaborative game projects. Released game titles are preferred, but academic projects and mod experience are great as well;
- You have competent Maya modeling skills, including;
- High resolution modeling;
- Game resolution modeling;
- UV mapping;
- Mesh Optimization;
- Knowing how to create block meshes.
- You have competent PBR texturing skills using Photoshop and you are familiar with Zbrush and high poly sculpting;
- You are familiar with game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you really want to impress us with your application, we’d advise you to prepare your portfolio with well-presented, PBR textured, game ready assets made from a high poly base rendered in a real time environment. It also helps if you trim down your portfolio, showcasing the work you are most proud of first. Well-made, hand crafted PBR materials and textures impress us more than Substance materials.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by following this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/guerrilla/jobs/4751857002. Be sure to submit your CV, cover letter and a link to your portfolio. For more information you can contact Mr. Wessel Haytink (Talent Acquisition) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
Guerrilla is one of Europe's leading game development companies and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. We started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in our games ever since. Today, we employ more than 300 professionals from 25 different nationalities. Our studio is located in the cultural and historical center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands — a great place to work and play. Guerrilla was founded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller Dutch studios, and acquired by Sony Interactive Entertainment after the release of KILLZONE in 2004. In the decade that followed, Guerrilla expanded KILLZONE into a full-fledged franchise with three sequels (KILLZONE 2, KILLZONE 3 and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL) and two handheld spin-offs (KILLZONE: LIBERATION and KILLZONE: MERCENARY). In 2016, the company launched RIGS MECHANIZED COMBAT LEAGUE, a competitive arena-based sports shooter developed from the ground up for VR. Its most recent title, released in 2017, is the critically and popularly acclaimed open world action-RPG HORIZON ZERO DAWN.