Senior Visual Development Artist (Battle Studio)
Are you an awesome artist, passionate about making commercially successful games and creating the very best art to delight players? Awesome, we at the Battle Studio are looking for a talented Visual Development Artist to help us with current and upcoming titles.
The Battle Studio is focused on cutting-edge mid-core games. Be part of a senior team with a flat hierarchy and high ambitions where strong ideas, collaboration and commitment shine above all.
You’ll be working closely with the Art Director to create unique visual style for our games. We’re looking for someone highly creative who will collaborate with us to explore a wide range of ideas as we develop our games full of appealing characters and interesting environments.
Skills & Requirements
You’ll fit in if you have:
- Excellent visual development art skills with a passion for stylized characters and environments
- Versatile with Art styles and likes to explore different approaches for the same subject
- Strong composition and color skills
- Abilities to research, explore, develop and define visual style for our games
- Interest in games, latest design trends, and pop culture
- A lighthearted attitude that embraces Rovio’s mischievous characters and nutty worlds
- Great communication, organisational and team collaboration skills
- Experience on published entertainment projects
- Fluency in English
We’d love if you have some of these:
- 5+ years of experience in the entertainment industry (game industry preferred)
- Basic knowledge of sculpting and 3D applications
- Understanding of animation principles
What you get when you join us:
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in a truly international environment
- Flexible work hours
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive benefits: such as choice of current gen smartphone and home internet service paid, choice of laptop, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna
If you are interested, please send your application (CV, cover letter, link to your demo reel) today! We look forward to hearing from you.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Send your CV and Cover letter and portfolio to this link on our website: https://emp.jobylon.com/jobs/46556-rovio-senior-visual-development-artist-battle-studio
About the Company
Rovio is a games-first entertainment company that launched to worldwide fame with 2009’s Angry Birds. Along the way, their games have been downloaded over 4 billion times, they have sold over 1.8 billion licenced products, and they have conquered cinemas around the world with The Angry Birds Movie, which opened at number one in 50 countries in 2016.
Rovio’s three game studios are actively developing and supporting free-to-play mobile games in a wide variety of genres, both under the Angry Birds brand and also with new, original IPs. 2019 promises to be a big year for Rovio. With The Angry Birds Movie 2 coming to theaters in August, and the 10th anniversary of Angry Birds coming later this year, it is an exciting time to be part of the team.