VFX Art Director
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptional VFX Art Director to lead the artistic vision for projects created by their award-winning cinematics animation team.
Are you the type to ignite others both as a leader and as an artist? Do you have experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment to a large art staff with the goal of building Blizzard’s award-winning cinematics? Do you thrive in managing and mentoring creatives and being a true partner to others on the animation team? If you are ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, producers and engineers whose goal is to make emotionally moving and visually beautiful cinematic content, read on.
As a VFX Art Director you will help define the look of Blizzard’s cinematics. You will partner with the project’s director, producer, and DFX supervisor to establish a creative vision and lead a large team of professionals toward that goal.
- Discover, define and clarify the director’s aesthetic vision of the show
- Lead the aesthetics of the project by communicating both verbally and visually toward the goals established by the director and you
- Act as the director’s visual consultant
- Create concepts for lighting, characters, environments and effects to inform and inspire the team
- Partner with visual development team to ensure delivery of show’s art packet
- Partner with and inspire the artists involved in the creation of the show
- Collaborate with the DFX sup to execute the artistic vision of the show
- Partner with the producer to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- Visually tackle problems in collaboration with the broader Blizzard team, including game-team art directors, game directors, and creative directors.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience as an art director or production designer in a VFX or animation studio
- Experience directing and supporting artists across multiple disciplines
- An expansive and well cultured strong artistic foundation with an advanced knowledge in color theory, design, lighting and art theory
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work culture
- Ability to partner with a director to understand and implement the direction of the project
- Ability to communicate through written, verbal, and visual formats: both through reference and painting/illustration
- Strong leadership skills in order to lead a large number of people toward a singular vision
- A deep understanding of Blizzard’s IPs and the visual language associated with each
- An understanding of an animation pipeline and process
- A real passion for motion pictures, animated content, and film history
- Experience playing video games, especially Blizzard games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please visit our website here:
- Online portfolio of work or portfolio to showcase
About the Company
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft® , StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes nineteen #1-selling games* and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.