The Art Director reports to, and assist Studio Art Director with inspiring and driving the studio’s artistic vision and strategy across all of the studio’s projects and teams, to help ensure the success of the art teams and to further the studio’s overall business goals. The Art director directs, coordinates and facilitates art pipeline and processes to enhance the division’s core business and standards of high-quality in accordance with the vision of the Studio Art Director.
The Art Director works closely with the Animation Director, the Studios Director, and the Chief Product Officer on the realization of our internal production, as well as playing a pivotal role in the development of studio’s training and recruitment efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Art direction, quality, and pipeline
- Responsible for the art direction, operations, and processes for multiple projects.
- To standardize pipeline and art quality across the studio, setting benchmarks for the art team to work, and quality controlling animation output of the studio.
- Provides strategic, expert advice and consultation on design and implementation of effective artistic processes and high-quality standardization across the division.
- Executes and facilitates multiple re-engineering and process improvement initiatives for individuals and studio’s quality enhancement, providing creative solutions to production/creative issues.
- Participates in the establishment, organization, and implementation of short and long-term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement.
- Plans and maintains art production schedules in collaboration with the Studios Art Director, Project Managers and/or the Chief Product Officer for multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development.
- Training and recruitment
- Participates in the development, implementation, and execution of training and recruitment initiatives and activities.
- Recognizes and solves problems affecting art production including schedules, staff, quality, and order of production process.
- Communicates regularly with Operations Director, other management and administration regarding the status of current project initiatives; obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Ensures compliance with Streamline Studios’ policies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in leadership/supervisory role in the video game industry
- Ability to develop and implement artistic strategies and pipeline that consistently meet, and exceed planned objectives of the studio.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, and strong knowledge of the most commonly used art software and game engines
- Ability to initiate, direct and articulate a vision and strategy, and being an inspiration and motivation for the team to achieve business and personal goals.
- Demonstrate proven ability in managing artistic activities, prioritizing, problem-solving, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, with effective public speaking skills and presence across a wide range of audience from multiple cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Partners in independent, focused creativity and execution, Streamline Studios provides expert customized solutions for the top producers in the industry. A leading video game developer, Streamline's bespoke art and technology is successfully employed by major game publishers, film studios, and brands, including Square Enix's Final Fantasy® XV, Capcom's Street Fighter® V, Take 2's Bioshock Infinite, James Cameron's Avatar, and Coca-Cola. Deploying cutting-edge production and development platform, Streamframe®, Streamline delivered on more than 300 AAA productions since 2001.