Lead CG Modeler
Superplastic is seeking an experienced, badass Lead CG Modeler to help grow our character-based toy and entertainment company. Superplastic creates original characters and turns them into virtual celebrities. We also collaborate with famous artists and premier brands making the world’s most sought-after toys, streetwear, and other innovative products.
The Lead CG Modeler uses technical expertise, artistic ability and knowledge of animation to create models that meet the quality standards. The Modeler works within a team and is supervised by senior members of the art department.
Skills & Requirements
- Build, sculpt, and maintain computer-generated 3D models for assigned story elements and designs.
- Prepares and builds models for characters and stand-ins for layout.
- Develops prop elements.
- Creates environmental sets and structures.
- Lays out UVs.
- Meets production deadlines and quota targets.
- Takes direction and contributes effectively within the creative departments.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- The above list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- 3 years of CG experience with Polygon Character modeling and UV’ing skills.
- Ability to develop multiple types of models, both mechanical and organic, that reflect production design.
- Maya and ZBrush proficiency.
- Ability to follow art direction and work efficiently within a collaborative production environment.
- Must have the capacity to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Our ideal candidate:
- Possesses knowledge of creating Facial Blend Shapes and familiarity with character rigging applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fine arts background and Photoshop experience.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Email portfolio, cover letter and resume to 3Danimator@superplastic.co.
Should applicants be considered for employment, a test may also be required to assess competency.
About the Company
Superplastic creates original characters and turns them into virtual celebrities. We also collaborate with well-known artists and premier brands to make some of the world’s most sought-after toys, streetwear, and other innovative products.
Superplastic was founded by artist & entrepreneur Paul Budnitz (Kidrobot, Ello, Budnitz Bicycles). Well-known character artist Huck Gee is Head of Art & Design. The company is funded by 35 incredibly famous investors in New York, San Francisco, and LA.