Junior UI Artist - Graduate
Your Career Starts Here!
There is a huge variety of challenging and exciting positions available across our studios in Newcastle upon Tyne and Leamington Spa, so if you are a graduate looking to start your career in videogames, we want to hear from you!
Working in the UI team, design and create user-centric products and experiences for our game worlds. The focus of your work will be to create smooth and enjoyable player interaction.
Lead UI Artist
- Complete, with support, assigned tasks through all stages of the production process from conception to final sign-off
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process
- Implement and streamline the functionality and usability of assigned features
- Participate in the sign-off process and incorporate feedback into your work
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback
- Understand and work within the project UI art direction to ensure consistency throughout the work
- Produce optimized assets optimisation in-line with the technical requirements and conventions of each project
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Keep your understanding and knowledge within UI art up-to-date with industry standards in this evolving field
- Some limited travel may be expected to other studios depending upon the project
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Graphic Design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography)
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable
- Basic motion graphics skills
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable
- Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.)
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable
- Previous experience of working in a games industry internship or studio an advantage but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) is advantageous
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is advantageous
This role is part of the Ubisoft Reflections and Ubisoft Leamington 2019 Graduate Campaign, and as such only applicants who have graduted in 2018, or are due to graduate in the summer of 2019 will be considered.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply by clicking this link: http://smrtr.io/QMBq
About the Company
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.