Senior Prop Artist [Tom Clancy's The Division 2]
We are currently looking for an additional Senior Prop Artist to contribute to the development in our ambitious art team working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2. As a part of this team you will contribute to enhancing, designing and creating the immersive worlds Massive is known for by bringing your own thoughts to the table when developing the next gen 3D assets for our AAA project. As our new senior prop artist you are the expert regarding how to build and setup props including destruction and special functionality and happily share your knowledge across the team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Creating high quality assets with visuals surpassing current gen games
- Timely deliver on visual and technical requirements
- Working with your Lead, Level and Tech art teams and Art director to create high quality AAA 3D art assets
- Supporting other teams to reach their goals by providing them with asset expertise
- Defining and Improving work processes together with the Lead Artist and production group
- Actively seeking out, incorporating, as well providing feedback to peers
- Mentoring the Juniors in the team to grow and have a consistent quality
- Reviewing outsourced art assets, and providing support to outsource teams
You as a person
Your in-depth knowledge of the process of developing props for AAA games makes you able to see the bigger picture when making art within a team where pushing the boundaries of whats possible is a day-to-day question. Your ability to focus on a wide aspect of tasks, and still keep an eye on the goal makes you a valued team member when ideas are being discussed as well as when we need to make a decision on the best course of action. The commitment to making the most visually stunning game is a team effort, and you effortlessly work both within the team but also with different disciplines to effectively solve challenges and propose new ideas.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience with making props for next gen AAA game environments
- Experience with the technical limitations/constraints related to game assets
- Working knowledge of at least one of the major 3D modeling packages & Substance texturing package
- Knowledge of Substance designer and Marvelous designer is a bonus
- Experience with outsourcing is a bonus
Please note that applications without a link to an updated portfolio will not be considered.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply through our website by clicking the following link: Senior Prop Artist
About the Company
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.