Lead 3D Animation (M/F)
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a Lead 3D Animator (M/F) ! Come to join a team in charge of developing AAA games and be a part of the next Ubisoft blockbuster.
As a Lead 3D Animation, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Animation team, setting objectives for both short and long term, driving Quality Standards and collaborating with Directors and others Ubisoft Studios in co-development to deliver Ubisoft games.
- Set and drive AAA quality standards in the time constraint defined with the Production Manager
- Collaborate with Directors to define animation style, direction, quality expectations, and new animation feature.
- Define the planning, and staffing to deliver the scope of the game in collaboration with the Production Manager.
- Hire, mentor and help the animation team to evolve.
- Collaborate with our internal network of Studios for animation, motion capture, audio
- Provide daily feedbacks and direction to the animation team
- Be a leader in pushing innovation and new ideas in term of pipeline, tools and process.
Skills & Requirements
You have a minimum of 7+ years of experience in Animation. At least 1 game shipped as Lead Animator.
- Dynamic, very good communication skills, very good at anticipating production issue.
- Fluent in English, and some basic notions in French is a plus.
- Very good knowledge of Motion Builder, Keyframe animation and Mocap.
- Experience in actor direction during mocap shooting is a plus
Other skills :
- Excellent leadership’s skills : ability to adapt, to be flexible, and brain openness will be required
- Strong communication skills : ability to receive, solicit and provide constructive feedback
- Highly organized, self-driven, and great team player
- Very good understanding of movements in space
- In-depth knowledge of graphical tools
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please provide a Resume and a motivation letter, a portfolio that showcase your experience and animation skills => HERE
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
About the Company
At the heart of the Alps, with over 200,000 inhabitants, Annecy is a gorgeous town surrounded by mountains! Only 30 minutes by car from Geneva and just over an hour from Lyon, Annecy is a beautiful, vibrant town that has something to offer to everybody.
Perfectly located, Ubisoft Annecy was established in 1996, with Rayman® 2 The Great Escape for PS2 accounting for its first project. The studio developed its online and multiplayer expertise among different games, especially on the Tom Clancy’s SP franchise. The studio was then trusted to work and develop The Assassin’s Creed® brand multiplayer before setting the bar even higher on Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag®. Ubisoft Annecy collaborated on Assassin’s Creed® Unity and Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate while contributing to shipping The Crew®. More recently, the team collaborated with Massive Entertainment on the record-breaking new IP Tom Clancy’s The Division®. Simultaneously, the teams worked on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands in association with Ubisoft Paris. For the first time in its lifetime, Ubisoft Annecy is leading its own project with Steep™, in collaboration with Ubisoft Kiev, Ubisoft Belgrade, Ubisoft Montpellier and Ubisoft Pune. Born in the mountains of the French Alps and created by a team of passionate riders, Steep™ is the first open world action sports game.
The game offers a breathtaking experience in the Alps, Alaska and freshly added Japan playgrounds through exhilarating sports such as ski, snowboard, wingsuit, paraglide and more. An ambitious live program is also core to Steep™, including DLC releases and a variety of community activations. The studio collaborated with the IOC and released the first major expansion, Road To The Olympics, which takes the player on a journey to the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games in South Korea.
Ubisoft Annecy is also working with Massive entertainment on the freshly announced Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2.
You want to be part of the team ? Take a look to our job opportunities !