The Lead Artist is a 3d art generalist, with an excellent mix of aesthetic, technical, and communication skills, who has a passion for creating VR games. The Lead Artist is part R&D artist, part aesthetic guide, part problem solver, and helps to propose creative solutions to challenging visual problems, as well as working to support and empower the entire art team in making gameplay experiences that are fun, intuitive, and visually stunning.
In this leadership role we are also looking for a strong ability to serve as an advocate for the art team, to help nurture and guide other artists, through both mentorship and critique, as well as serve as a passionate collaborative partner alongside the design and gameplay teams to prototyping unique and engaging gameplay experiences.
The Lead Artist is also very much involved in helping to advance the overall studio art process through R&D and pipeline development, alongside the various art, tools, and engine teams.
Skills & Requirements
- Collaborate with Design and Gameplay teams to prototype compelling multiplayer levels, characters, and social player experiences
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other artists on the team, as well as reviews and critiques for external artists
- Help establish and maintain both aesthetic quality and technical performance standards (poly count, memory, draw calls, etc.)
- Work with the art team to guide creative and engine-efficient art solutions for complex visual problems
- Collaborate with tools and engine teams to continually improve upon our custom workflows and technology
- Experience as a 3D Artist in games in a Lead or Senior level role
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail for both aesthetic and technical quality
- Generalist understanding of a number of CG disciplines (modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, and post-process fx)
- Passion for games, with an ability to critically analyze them
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please email your portfolio link(s) and resume to: email@example.com
In the subject of your email, please write "Lead Artist."
For more information visit http://www.readyatdawn.com/careers-main/
About the Company
Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate developers to help us push the boundaries of technology, gameplay, art, and story-telling. Our team is growing and we invite you to join one of the preeminent independent video game developers in the world.
The studio is currently in various stages of development on several exciting projects including a new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP and the expansion of the award-winning Echo universe for Oculus Rift through our ongoing partnership with Oculus.
Ready At Dawn Studios® was founded in 2003 by senior members of Naughty Dog® and Blizzard Entertainment® with the goal of creating an independent game studio that makes great games within a fun working environment. We have created three of the best-selling and highest reviewed PSP games of all time in Daxter and God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta and have recently finished the visually stunning The Order: 1886 for the PS4 platform. Ready At Dawn’s technological innovations, its reputation for excellence in artistry and design coupled with experience in developing blockbuster franchises ensure the studio will continue to raise player expectations.