We are looking for a talented all-round Level Designer to join our team in Belgium.
Someone that can craft and implement exciting gameplay and engage players. Responsibilities will focus on visual design, implementation of gameplay goals, scenario building and spatial relationships. This person will work with the level design team, gameplay teams, artists, and programmers to ensure that cross discipline relationships are respected and nurtured giving the player an experience that is continually the highest quality.
Skills & Requirements
- Build levels from inception through production.
- Build gameplay moments such as combat encounters, narrative events, and logic puzzles.
- Author and review design documentation.
- Play test and iterate on level content to ensure highest quality.
- Partner with other level designers to maintain a positive productive working atmosphere.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all development functions to ensure a best-in-industry production process, player experience and team environment.
- Work closely with the art team to ensure level metrics, budgets, and visual targets are met.
- Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain level building functionality and push tool / design boundaries.
- Deep understanding of gameplay and level design theories and practices.
- Proficient in using game editing software such as Unity or Unreal.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- A love for narrative based games and shooters in general.
- Experience in using a text based scripting language (C#, c++, etc.).
- Experience with making concept art.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Send a CV/Resume and Portfolio (or link) to email@example.com
About the Company
Founded in 2017, Warcave is a new video game developer and publisher based in Belgium. We are a growing team of experienced game developers focussing on our own IPs.
In essence, we envision the type of games that we would love to play, and then we create them.
Our studio is different from most others. We value ideas and innovation so every game we create is a true reflection of our entire teams’ capabilities.