Technical Artist (Mixed Reality)
- The Technical Artist is responsible for executing the artistic vision of the project and applying their experience directly to the creation of solid artist-driven workflows, automation tools, content pipelines, and asset management that are vital for the art team to deliver highest quality industry content.
- Work with Designers and Engineering team members to implement Design related changes into the Unity Engine.
- Additionally, the Technical Artist needs to be able to work in multiple areas of art and design understanding the needs of each unique area.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing, or inventing the optimal technical approach to be able to achieve the Creative Director’s & Design lead’s vision
- Be a positive and creative force in the team.
- Proactively share information with the technical art staff across the organization to improve the craft and accelerate growth.
- Provide unique solutions to improve the creative process in a collaborative environment.
- Support the content creation teams with tools, workflow, and pipelines to aid generation and implementation.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills across multiple disciplines - this role works with developers, designers, and artists.
- Collaborative and self-motivated; able to partner effectively with others while also making smart, strategic decisions and working independently
- A fundamental understanding of digital art processes and production – how do designers work? How can we make their lives easier and unleash their creative potential?
- High capacity to learn new tools and process.
- 3+ years as professional technical artist or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development
- AA/BFA preferred, or at least can demonstrate through portfolio an industry standard level of art, communication skills and professional maturity.
- Proficient with various professional 3D software packages for asset content production (ex: 3DSMax, Maya, Houdini, Substance Designer, Blender, Adobe Creative Cloud etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of 3D modeling and UV creation, decimation pipeline
- Coding, workflow tools, and script authoring to aid in content creation & implementation
- In depth knowledge of software and real-time lighting and texturing techniques
- Expertise with Unity or other popular game engines
- Virtual or Augmented Reality development experience
- You are comfortable dealing with complex design problems in an ambiguous and undefined space.
- Extraordinary communication/presentation skills that sell the vision and design story to fellow team members, external partners, and product management.
- You love getting the details right.
- You can easily work well within a larger art team and inspire those around you.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and portfolios to Jack at email@example.com
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.