About The Job
Illfonic is looking for an IT Engineer to manage our hardware and networking infrastructure. Responsibilities include configuring hardware and software on new and existing hardware. The job requires experience with Windows, Linux and network hardware. Also, it helps to have experience with Cisco hardware and AWS, but that’s all bonus points. Please include anything else that you think helps us better understand how you can make IllFonic a better place to work!
Qualified applicants will need to send a portfolio of their work, complete a test, as well as interview both over the phone and in person in order to be considered. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
- Configure hardware and software on new and existing computer hardware
- Manage Active Directory domain user and computer accounts
- Manage inventory of software licenses and hardware assets
- Respond to end user requests; quickly identify research and resolve issues
- Be available off hours for scheduled maintenance, critical update releases, physical office moves
- Monitor for zero-day exploits and handle upgrading machines accordingly
- Monitor network activity for suspicious behavior and performance bottlenecks
- Document standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user training
- Security training for employees
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years experience
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience or 1 shipped titles.
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policies
- Experience with Linux (Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS/RHEL/Amazon Linux)
- Understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTPS)
- Experience with network hardware
- Understanding/experience with VMware/virtualization
- Vendor communication (e.g. Cisco, Autodesk)
- Software administration of internal tools (Perforce, JIRA)
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as its required
- Familiar with studio software, such as: Perforce, Visual Studio, Photoshop, Maya
- Experience with Cisco hardware
- Experience with AWS
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 2007, IllFonic is an independent video game developer with studios in Golden, Colorado and Tacoma, Washington. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, Crysis 3, and Nexuiz.