Sigma Studios is seeking a 3D Animator with amazing artistic skills to create spectacular 3d animations. The ideal candidate has experience working within the constraints of real-time engines, shows attention to detail, and can take both artistic and technical direction to achieve the most appropriate solution. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical for this position.
This is a virtual freelance remote-work opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with design and effects team to understand and integrate motion into models
- Work with art directors and project leads to conceptualize and visualize character animations and effects
- Create realistic and consistent animation
- Rig models and optimize model geometry
- Design animation and character state systems
- Develop and optimize animation pipelines
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical issues with animation tool chains/pipelines
- Enjoys making video games.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in fine arts, animation or equivalent experienceProven expertise with 2d and 3d animation packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Motion Builder etc.
- Knowledge of traditional arts, graphic design, anatomy, cinematography etc.
- Extensive knowledge of principals of animation as they apply to motion, pacing, timing, camera, lighting etc.
- Technical knowledge of computing requirements, hardware specifications, rendering engines, etc.
- Firm grasp of animation pipelines and workflow
- Must be a team player and must be able to work without supervision
- Must be highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Please submit your application here.