Lead Environment/Prop Artist [Avatar Project] (f/m)
The Lead Environment / Prop Artist is the team expert in building and setting up environment assets including destruction and special functionality. He is also responsible for managing the environment art team to ensure the best possible visual and technical quality for the assets produced.
- Ensuring a productive and efficient workflow for the environment art team through excellent internal and external communication.
- Close collaboration with the Art Director, producers and leads to ensure the team works within the visual style of the game
- Establish a prospering art culture within the environment team to strive for exceptional quality.
- Push the visual and technical quality of the project to the next level
- Balance quality and efficiency of the team to gain the best possible results within in the given time frame and technical constraints
- Prioritize and manage the environment art team’s tasks to ensure delivery in time and quality.
- Create and maintain guidelines for optimized workflows and technical asset creation rules for the team
- Create high quality models and textures defining quality benchmarks for the art environment team.
- Setup destruction, dynamic objects and other functionality of art assets
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Provide support and advice for artists in the team.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Environment / Props artist in game development, ideally with one AAA title shipped
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to improve them
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude and experience in leading a team of artists
- Very good organizational skills and the ability to anticipate problems and find solutions fast
- The ability to review assets and give feedback efficiently and in a clear and constructive manner.
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- A keen eye for composition, shape, color and detail
- Very good skills in Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush and Photoshop.
- Strong texturing and painting skills
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Good Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a plus
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety
Please apply for this job via our careers page here.
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
Ubisoft Blue Byte are also collaborating with Massive Entertainment on the Avatar project, building an immersive, deep, and tangible world based on James Cameron’s Avatar.
We are now accepting applications for suitably qualified Lead Environment/Prop Artist [Avatar Project] (f/m) to join our ambitious team, developing the world of Pandora. This position will be based at our Düsseldorf studio.
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.