Splash Damage is looking for an exceptionally talented Art Director to help us build striking visuals for an upcoming title. You’ll be inspiring the team and maintaining the quality bar, while collaborating with the discipline leads to ensure the game looks great and plays fantastically. You will help establish and drive the vision for the game and will be a key point of contact for our world-leading development partners.
- Collaborate with Creative and Project Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable visuals
- Drive the visual quality in conjunction with your Lead Artists
- Ensuring character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Able to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative.
- Motivate & inspire the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style
- Manage the art leadership team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- Maintain quality level, efficiency and consistency across the art team
Skills & Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and visual design (with excellent knowledge of visual composition and colour theory)
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3D & 2D software and tools
- Experience managing and driving multiple disciplines including concept, environment, character and tech art, VFX and outsource management
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Planning, including creating and maintaining roadmaps, workflows and documentation
- Management of an experienced team
- Excellent prioritisation & time-management skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 shipped titles where credited as an artist
- Strong traditional art foundations including but not limited to Sculpture, Conceptual design and illustration including lighting or colour keys
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning principles
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.
- Experience working within Unreal engine 3+
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Marvellous Designer a plus
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: https://careers.splashdamage.com/job/934127?gh_jid=934127
About the Company
About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.