Graduate UI Artist (320)
From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Deliver, with support, high quality UI assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the project.
- Complete, with support, assigned tasks through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process;
- Implement and streamline the functionality and usability of assigned features;
- Participate in the sign off process and incorporate feedback into work;
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback;
- Understand and work within the project UI art direction to ensure consistency throughout the work;
- Produce assets with basic optimisation in line with the technical requirements and conventions;
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good graphics design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography);
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable;
- Basic motion graphics skills;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable.
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) would be advantageous;
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.