Sony Bend Studio, world-class creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our hardworking and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend, Oregon means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community at Bend Studio!
The Studio Art Director is responsible for encouraging, leading and driving the artistic vision and development of AAA products. Equally vital to this role is the ability to set and maintain the creative vision and quality bar for the product which sets the standard within the industry.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Drives and develops the artistic goals and inspiration through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. Ensuring all art assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Partner with creative leadership and other team leads to identify and solve all issues related to artistic needs including defining stylistic vision, establishing and maintaining aesthetic standards, influencing the technical direction of the project to best support the artistic, game design and narrative goals.
- Share and develop the vision and creative design with the art team (as well as business partners, such as Sony and external vendors), via discussions, art specifications, reference material, and style guides for environment, character, props, graphics, lighting, and special effects.
- Collaborate with the Design & Narrative Director, as well as design leads, to support and improve the gameplay and narrative requirements of the game, offering art-driven solutions to design challenges.
- Collaborate with creative leadership, marketing principals and PR to ensure visual continuity across all branding, marketing materials and social media assets.
- Responsible for directing all studio promotional materials, development of presentation materials, logo design, art books, etc. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to public groups and top management.
- Strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Passion for making and playing great games, demonstrating an awareness of current titles, genres, and industry trends.
- A desire to innovate and to go above and beyond in pursuit of excellence.
Skills & Requirements
Requirements & Skills
- 3+ year’s art direction leadership experience across industry leading AAA games and film
- Outstanding portfolio that exhibits personal and project artistic accomplishments.
- Ability to define a high caliber vision for AAA titles, with outstanding visual and technical understanding in rendering and asset creation.
- Broad knowledge of all art disciplines including: concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading and rendering.
- Experience working with real-time engines.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Contact Dan Lowery at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a portfolio and resume.
Also please apply at the following link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/sonyinteractiveentertainmentplaystation/jobs/3105945
About the Company
Founded in 1993, Bend Studio is a team of over 100+ veteran engineers, artists, designers, and support staff who are dedicated to excellence and innovation. We have the close-knit environment and camaraderie of a small studio, where everyone knows everyone, while at the same time enjoying the stability and security provided by being part of Sony Interactive Entertainment. We are dedicated to producing only AAA award-winning games that showcase the power of current and future game consoles from Sony Interactive Entertainment.