Art Director - Full-Time Remote
Playstudios Orion - a 100% distributed team. We have no offices, no commutes needed, no international boundaries - everyone can work anywhere in the world (as long as you have stable internet). Our team is looking for a full-time Art Director to help lead the creative teams for our games:
Pop! Slots https://www.playstudios.com/pop-slots
Royal Charm Slots https://www.royalcharmslots.com
MyVegas Mobile https://www.playstudios.com/mobile-slots
Art Director Responsibilities:
- This is not your stereotypical co-located art director role where you engage with workmates in one geographic location face to face. Imagine overseeing a team that is on a global scale, all remote. The world is your team. You will need to be able to manage your time, pipeline, and processes to accommodate every major international timezone.
- Think of this as a Relay Race. Your concept artists wake up in Australia, then illustrators and UI artists wake up in HK, Singapore, and Thailand. Your animators and VFX artists are in APAC and Scandinavia, while your Production/Game artists are in Russia, Israel, and all over Europe. Your audio team is in the UK and South Africa, your marketing team is in South America, and your product team is in Austin, Las Vegas, and California. Your Saturday is someone else's Friday. Your Sunday is someone's Weekday or Monday. - You. Need. To. Work. Smart.
- You will need to have flexible art styles to be able to manage creative output for 3-4 Live game apps.
Skills & Requirements
Art Director Qualifications:
- Experience in leading a team size of 10+
- Expertise with Photoshop and Illustrator
- A well-developed sense of color and UI composition
- A substantial interest in form and typography
- A portfolio showing your rendering abilities and style flexibility
- Relevant work experience
- Passionate about games, with an understanding of freemium game-play mechanics
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace having many projects running at the same time
- You’re a confident team player that gladly speaks your mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional organizational, collaboration and communication skills
- Bonus points for remote team management
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Art Director Application:
- Interested applicants, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the tag [Art Director] and (your name)
- The tag is important! Example: [Art Director] Your Name
- Please include your portfolio link(s) and short info about yourself and your experiences. No need for lengthy cover letters.
- During the interview process, there will be a paid art test.
- We highly appreciate your interest in the position, but due to the volume of submissions, we will reach out to those selected for the interview process. Thank you.
About the Company
WE ARE A MOBILE / SOCIAL GAMES STARTUP
We compete in the dynamic mobile / social games market worldwide with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘freemium’ model. Our games model is ‘play for fun’ only, and legal in all of the market jurisdictions that we operate in. Our owners and investors include strategic and established venture capital investors, as well as our team members and founders.
WHAT WE DO
We make beautiful, engaging, highly polished games that feature real-world brands and also offer travel and leisure experiences as loyalty rewards to our best customers.
Playstudios Orion division is 100% distributed, there are no physical offices, everyone is remotely scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
We like talents who can form a P.A.C.T with us
Proactive: capable self-starter and goal-oriented personality
Assertive: able to place oneself into production and offering help to others without overhead supervision
Communicative: be transparent and always updating the team on your progress or any issues encountered. Do not be afraid to speak your mind, we appreciate you!
- Trustworthy: Trust is earned by demonstrating competence in your craft and being able to deliver outstanding work on time while being proactive, assertive, and communicative.
Our roles are full-time positions and are not your stereotypical boring freelance job where you engage with one manager. You will experience a brand new work methodology as you work real time with dozens of talents across the globe.