Sr. Environment Artist
Senior Artists are responsible for setting the bar for visual and production quality while fostering a fun and productive environment for coworkers. This is an excellent opportunity to work and learn from a group of talented and proven developers who are passionate about making games.
• Craft compelling visual narratives that reinforce and enhance the game’s setting, story, and gameplay elements
• Build (set dress, edit, optimize) realistic detailed 3d environments from photo reference and concept.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with the development team.
• Quickly learn and adapt to new tools, processes, and pipelines.
• Assist in troubleshooting artistic and technical issues.
• Create 3d models (structures, terrain, props) from photo reference and concept.
• Support 3d asset outsource process (gathering reference, creating proxy 3d models)
• Ensure that artists are striving to complete highest priority assignments.
• Work with Production to ensure time estimates are accurate and achievable.
• Collaborate with artists on team to ensure project goals are met.
• Proven ability to setup and define pipelines, processes, and best practices.
• Sets up discipline specific art training and tests for candidates being considered and artists on the team.
Skills & Requirements
• Solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to 3d environment creation.
• A minimum of 5 years developing art for games
• Friendly, helpful, and collaborative in a team based environment.
• Demonstrated modeling skill and experience in a major 3d package.
• Demonstrated ability to create and edit textures in Photoshop.
• Basic understanding of lighting and shader creation.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Awareness of game engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints.
• Basic ability to communicate visually utilizing traditional media.
• Ability to consistently resolve issues from a visual, production, and technical perspective.
*In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a portfolio*
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
-- Please apply directly on the Raven website --
About the Company
Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software has gone from a five-person company with a dream of creating a role-playing game for the Amiga, to the developer of numerous award-winning games and best-selling titles, including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and most recently being a major contributor to the Call of Duty® franchise.
At Raven, we’ve built our company on expectations. An expectation to always design the games that define industry standards for graphics and playability. An expectation that award-winning games are the norm. But more than anything, a clear understanding of our market’s expectations: that being, for us to consistently produce the games that people want to play. In other words, exactly everything we’ve been doing since 1990.