Advanced Artist, FX
Monolith, a subsidiary of WB Games Inc., seeks an Advanced level FX Artist to work closely with the FX Lead to create and maintain high quality Special Effects assets for the game. This is an individual contributor position that designs and creates FX work for assigned aspects of products with a focus on technical trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Use industry standard 3D and 2D packages as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets for their assigned development project. These assets will vary from simple particle systems to complex interactive destruction or gameplay-driven FX.
- Install created FX assets into In-Engine cinemas
- Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
- Mentors more junior members of the effects team and serves as a repository of special knowledge for the group.
Skills & Requirements
- A BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience as an artist in the industry.
- At least 2 published game, preferably for modern consoles.
- Must possess good artistic skills and a working knowledge of 2D/3D art production.
- Should have working knowledge of authoring tools for real-time particle systems
- Experience with Unreal 3 and Cascade preferred.
- Must be proficient in 3D modeling using Maya or 3D Studio Max.
- Must be proficient with multiple 2D applications, including Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop, and various similar applications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interest in computer or video games.
- Strong understanding of modern real-time 3D engines.
- Experience and understanding of art pipelines on Xbox 360 and/or PS3.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: Advanced Artist, FX
About the Company
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title - all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That's where you come in - for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!