Lead VFX Artist - RPG Team
Playground Games is looking to grow their world class team with a highly skilled and experienced Lead VFX Artist, with exceptional knowledge of creating real-time in-game effects and researching, visualizing and animating natural and spectacular looking effects.
As a Lead VFX Artist, you must be able to direct yourself as well as others and heavily influence projects within a multi-discipline team. As such we are looking for someone who can bring a strong creative vision to our projects and communicate this via your developed communication and collaboration skills. You’ll have the ability to build and maintain a vision that can help compliment the look of a game, conceptualising and creating natural and realistic effects, all working in real time, whilst being familiar with and conscious of pipeline issues and limitations, as well as prioritising and optimising VFX to deliver fantastic results in-game.
Ideally, you’ll have an appreciation of a broad range of art styles, and the ability to emulate this through art work in engine, using your grasp of the principles of animation, dynamics and lighting. As an experienced professional, you’ll have strong planning and organisational ability, and will enjoy collaborating with engineering teams to develop new technologies, innovations and processes, implementing these into future systems as appropriate.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within VFX on published AAA titles on current-gen consoles. Working as ‘lead’ on at least one title.
- Good knowledge of 3D packages (Max, Maya, Houdini, etc.), as well as experience working with real-time particle and VFX editors.
- A strong understanding of technical considerations for VFX.
- Able to communicate with artists, technical team members and studio leadership.
- Strong interest in self-development of managerial skills, overseeing the work of other team members and mentoring and developing junior staff.
- A good understanding of shader and texture creation.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your particle and VFX work for AAA titles.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.