Senior Lighting Artist - Forza Team
Playground Games is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist to join our talented Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa. As Senior Lighting Artist you will work with the CG Supervisor to achieve our vision for lighting in a AAA open world racing game.
You will proactively drive any collaboration with other departments as well as identifying and helping to develop techniques and toolsets. You will ensure that deadlines are met and work meets the quality required, while also identifying risks or opportunities for improvement. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of lighting theory.
- Experience with 3DSMax.
- Understanding and experience baking lightmaps.
- Excellent knowledge of lighting pipelines and cutting-edge art techniques.
- An interest in off-line 3D rendering.
- An understanding of digital photography principles.
- A passion for games.
- An understanding of animated VFX is desirable, but not required.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.