Senior Concept Artist - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist (f/m/d) who will be responsible for creating terrific concepts and 2D artworks to define the look, mood and the style of environments, characters and other assets of our game worlds.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
Skills & Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Concept Artist in game development
- Exceptional knowledge of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- Very strong skills in Photoshop with an emphasis on realistic rendering techniques
- A keen eye for composition, color, lighting and mood
- Deep knowledge in human anatomy, architecture and rendering vegetation
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Good modeling and digital sculpting skills are a plus (Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush, Mudbox)
- Knowledge of Substance Designer/Painter knowledge is a plus
- Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
- Create environment mood paintings and illustrations as well as detailed production concepts.
- Ensure that concepts are suitable for the production needs of the other departments
- Close collaboration with the Art Director to work within the visual style of the game
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Provide support and advice for artists
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
- Examples of fantastic and realistic characters
- Examples of style variety
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s great IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!