Environment Model and Layout Artist
Successful Environment Model and Layout Artist candidates are able to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming and gameplay requirements. The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Designers and other Artists to complete assigned projects and demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills are also required.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong modeling and texturing skills and a excellent sense of spatial relations and structural logic
- Strong artistic interpretative ability within the context of a particular art style and gameplay.
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule
- Excellent technical and artistic problem solving
- Experience Level: 2+ years as a game environment artist
- Software: Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush or equivalent
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Strong architecture or traditional art background
- Lighting or cinematography experience
- Any other game related art or design experience (FX, scripting, etc)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and portfolio. Your portfolio should include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted.
Please write "Environment Model and Layout Artist" in the subject line.
For more information visit http://www.readyatdawn.com/careers-main/
About the Company
Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate developers to help us push the boundaries of technology, gameplay, art, and story-telling. Our team is growing and we invite you to join one of the preeminent independent video game developers in the world.
The studio is currently in various stages of development on several exciting projects including a new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP and the expansion of the award-winning Echo universe for Oculus Rift through our ongoing partnership with Oculus.
Ready At Dawn® was founded in 2003 by senior members of Blizzard Entertainment® and Naughty Dog®, with the goal of building an independent game studio that creates groundbreaking games in a fun and rewarding working environment. From developing the best-selling and highest reviewed PSP games of all time with Daxter and God of War, to creating one of the most visually stunning PS4 games with The Order: 1886, the studio has been able to gain critical and commercial acclaim, as well as obtain a broad and diverse expertise. This includes the recent launch of the award-winning and highly-acclaimed titles, Lone Echo and Echo Arena for Oculus Rift, that have set milestones in Virtual Reality gaming.
Ready At Dawn’s technological innovations, its reputation for excellence in artistry and design, coupled with its experience in developing blockbuster franchises ensure the studio will continue to break new ground, while raising player expectations.