Cloud Imperium is looking for a props artist.
Cloud Imperium is the ground-breaking development team behind the highly anticipated space sim Star Citizen. We continue to set higher standards of quality and push the boundaries on what is possible in a modern game engine. We are a group of talented developers in a fast-paced environment and encourage ownership and thinking on your feet. Join our team of star-performers in pushing the envelope on in game visuals.
Foundry 42 is looking for Prop Artists with experience creating high quality game assets. Joining the prop team responsible for working closely with our concept, environment and ship teams to create all the objects that bring our environments and ships to life.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of game art creation and should strive to push the boundaries of next gen art. They should be organised, adaptable and understand technical limitations and budgets.
Skills & Requirements
- Create high-quality props, working with and without concept art
- Create props that complement the environments and help to tell the story of the Star Citizen universe
- Continue to push the quality of artwork both visually and technically
- Deliver high-quality models while being mindful of budgets, technical requirements. and time
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process
- Strong working knowledge of 3ds Max and Photoshop
- Hard surface modeling experience
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable game assets
- Excellent sense of form, mass, and volume
- Passion for pushing state-of-the-art asset fidelity and production techniques
High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Experience with Lumberyard
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes
- Experience with Substance Designer
- Knowledge and/or experience with physically based rendering (PBR)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An avid gamer
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via our Website
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.