Lead Concept Designer - (UK)
Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented experienced lead concept designer to focus on creating environments and locations in Star Citizen.
You will be working with top internal and external artists and be able to work on the full spectrum of hard surface assets specialising in spaceships design and weaponry.
This is an exciting role within the company, providing environments and locations for Star Citizens universe. These assets are a major source of funding for the company and require forward thinking and talented artists capable of strong industrial design skills and good multi-discipline communication. Along with creating clearly defined exteriors and interiors, you will also be producing high quality production images to fire up fans imagination about how their next ship/vehicle will feature in the universe.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to create concept art in 3D and 2D
- At least 3 years experience working as a Senior Concept Artist within a studio
- Have a good understanding of form and function with an eye for Industrial design
- Collaborate heavily with the design and production teams while maintaining the Art Directors vision
- Create stunning art that captures the overall filmic quality of the games universe
- Have a strong foundation in lighting and atmospherics
- Strong planning skills and able to hit deadlines
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Strong understanding of all aspects of concept art regarding illustration and design
- Minimum of 2 shipped next gen, high quality titles/movies
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Experiences in games
- Mechanical illustration or design ability
- Animation skills
- Passion for games/movies and all things scifi
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply here: Lead Concept Designer
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.