- Here's what awaits you in this job :
You’ll be asked to create photo-realistic materials and apply them using project-level editing tools. You’ll create your materials from references or concepts. Expertise is required in Substance Designer and Substance Painter software.
You’ll have a significant impact on the levels to which you are assigned. Decisions are made as a team and workload is divided according to the strengths of each member.
The objective is to improve the visual quality of each project. To be comfortable in this role, you must see technical constraints as opportunities to excel and learn.
You’re arriving at a key moment for the studio, just as Beenox is actively contributing to the production of next-gen content in the Call of Duty family.
You’ll need to :
- Become part of a team of multidisciplinary artists, designers, and programmers determined to create the best possible material;
- Work closely with the environment artists and learn their needs;
- Design a materials bank and long-term work tools;
- Create materials according to technical constraints;
- Apply the appropriate materials;
- Integrate photogrammetry into your creative processes, when relevant;
- Create panoramas (Vista) (asset);
- Communicate effectively with art direction staff to ensure visual consistency;
- Keep up to date with technical aspects so as to improve your skills;
- Provide the team with your opinions during the review process.
Skills & Requirements
You are :
- Experienced: You have at least one (1) year of experience working in a video game studio or the equivalent, and you crave this type of environment;
- Talented: You’re able to present an exceptional portfolio which clearly shows your mastery of PBR materials in a photo-realistic style, in addition to photogrammetry (asset);
- Informed: You‘ve kept up with the latest artistic innovations and you make it your business to try them out;
- Versatile: You’re very familiar with Maya and/or 3DS Max especially comfortable with Photoshop, ZBrush and Substance Designer & Painter. You’re also used to working with a game engine;
- Curious: You’re keen to learn how to use new internal tools and you don’t get discouraged when faced with regular change.
- Asset: You have delivered at least one (1) game title;
- Asset: You are interested in World Machine.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply on this job here (you will be transferred to the Activision website)
About the Company
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!