Matte Paint Department Lead
Platige Image is looking for an experienced Matte Paint Department Lead to join our miracle-making team! Together with our Supervisors and Art Directors, you will be responsible for developing the highest quality projects. You will also work in tandem with our Team Producer to provide day-to-day management of the Department. Most importantly, you will lead a team of our fantastic artists with whom you will create matte paintings for VFX projects & AAA game cinematics. Sounds exciting? Apply!
Skills & Requirements
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
Setting the direction and maintaining standards for the department.
Quality checking the output of the department on all shows, before wider team review.
Responsibility for reviewing the artist’s work on regular basis as well as taking part in project reviews
Working closely with Team Producer to assign team resources, produce realistic schedules, and ensure project deadlines are met.
Along with our Team Producer, working actively to build and manage the team through recruitment and career development.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years relevant professional experience, preferably in a leadership role in animation, film or gaming industry.
- BA in fine arts, architecture, design or related fields.
- Setting the direction and maintaining standards for the department.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of Matte Painting techniques and precise timing requirements to ensure accuracy of bids.
- Quality checking the output of the department on all shows, before wider team review.
- – Responsibility for reviewing the artist’s work on regular basis as well as taking part in project reviews.
- Passion for stylized projects.
- Passion for movies and animation.
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
IT'S WORTH JOINING US!
- We are setting new standards in animation, CG, and VFX. We stay one step ahead, always making sure that our projects are executed with the highest quality.
- We collaborate with some of the biggest companies in the world (Netflix, Ubisoft, Activision, SONY, Warner Brothers, CD PROJEKT RED, HBO, and many others).
- You will have the chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
- We value authenticity. It's the source of our creativity, energy, and imagination, and it's what makes our work so unique.
- We are working remotely, but our doors are open for those who would like to come by our studio, located in the green surroundings of Fort Mokotów/Warsaw/Poland.
- Our health is looked after by private medical care (Lux Med) & we are improving our physical condition thanks to the MultiSport card.
- For a good start of work-day, we serve breakfast for our employees.
- And you can come to work with your dog-friend!
Candidates for the Matte Paint Department Lead position should include a demo reel to their application.
About the Company
WE ARE A CONGLOMERATE OF PRODUCERS, DIRECTORS, AND ARTISTS, ALWAYS SEEKING THE MOST IMMERSIVE WAY TO TELL STORIES WITH THE USE OF HIGH TECHNOLOGY.
Platige Image is an award-winning film production, VFX, animation, and post-production company based in Warsaw, Poland. We worked for the biggest brands in the world, the best video game publishers, and some of the finest film directors.
We started out as a studio composed of a dozen or so people, focused on producing commercials and music videos. Gradually, we developed our team and expanded our portfolio with short films, cinematics, 3D live theatre sets, VFX for live-action movies, and special projects, such as museum installations.