As a Technical Animator you are central to ensuring that we have an exceptional technical foundation for animation throughout our game to create an immersive and exciting game experience.
The ideal candidate is both an outstanding problem solver and a great game developer - you possess a strong understanding of animation fundamentals, a great production sense and the creative and technical prowess to create and implement beautiful animations.
You are someone with care and empathy for the team, whose goal is to empower others and support and drive the team to achieve their best work.
- Design and maintain Unreal Engine animation blueprints
- Work closely with the team to support creation of industry leading animation pipelines and technical foundations throughout character motion and cinematic sequences
- Engage with the team to understand the big picture goals of the project
- Rigging characters, weapons, vehicles, and props
- Work closely with the team to troubleshoot animation related issues
- Work with team and external vendors to set requirements, define processes and standards
- Drive efficiency and best practices for the project, and ensure we build on strong foundations that can be both modified and expanded upon
- Foster a collaborative culture of sharing work often and openly
- Ensure we are authoring our content effectively and efficiently within memory budgets and performance constraints for real-time rendering
- Facilitate external Animation development by driving on-boarding and continuing partnerships with external companies
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Skills & Requirements
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- A portfolio showcasing work examples in Unreal Engine
- Up-to-date knowledge of current technical animation techniques and systems
- Knowledge of real-time IK setups and implementation
- Knowledge of rigging
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- At least one full project cycle working as a Technical Animator or animator with state machine systems
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python/C#/C++/HLSL
- Blender experience
- Motion Capture experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a small team - must be open to direction and able to embrace change
How to Apply
If you think this is a great fit, please send your portfolio and resume to email@example.com - We look forward to connecting with you!
About the Company
C77 Entertainment is a new game development studio in Seattle focused on delivering Big Action Experiences for PC and Consoles.
We are a core team of passionate developers with experience in both games and VFX.
C77 is led by Mattias Kylén and Kenny Magnusson; two Swedes with a long history in the industry with several award-winning AAA titles - including leadership roles on franchise development teams such as Halo, Mercenaries and Battlefield.