Senior Texture Artist
The position of Senior Texture Artist requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D software, with several years of experience in a similar senior role working on broadcast or film projects.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production. They will have a well-developed 'eye' and excellent working knowledge of colour, art and design.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to texture in various specified styles depending on CG project.
- Create Textures for 3D characters, props, and sets within Substance Painter or Mari.
- Knowledge of Zbrush for use in creation of displacement and normal maps.
- Create & Review UVs in Udim.
- Works closely with Lead Texture Artist to achieve desired look for assigned project.
- Act as additional support for Texture Lead (expected to fill-in for Lead for short durations, such as vacations and illness).
- Will be assigned and deliver a weekly quota of tasks as set by production management.
- Working with the lead texture artist (both technically and visually).
- Expected to contribute to the creation of the texture and shading libraries.
- Provide support for the in-house and external Texturing teams, both creatively and technically, to facilitate the completion of texturing assignments on schedule.
- Advanced knowledge of programs such as Mari, Substance painter, Zbrush.
- Advanced understanding of light, color, contrast, shading, and ability to follow 2D concepts and designs.
- Working knowledge of Shading & Lighting in Arnold/VRay.
- Must be capable of creating painterly, stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles.
- The ideal candidate must have a critical eye with his or her own work, be able to follow reference material and concept art, be organized.
- Have the ability to problem solve, be resourceful and creative, and work well with a team.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as be resourceful and self-driven.
- Must have 5 + years’ experience working as a Texturing Artist (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be open to direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Fine Art, Illustration or equivalent job experience.
- Must have a portfolio and preferably online demo reel that demonstrates texture painting, material creation.
- In-depth understanding of colour theory and application.
- Understanding of Maya, UV layout principles, and CG Pipeline.
- The ability to create and use Materials in Substance Painter.
- Understanding of Basic Fur and painting a diffuse map.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details.
Must be flexible enough to deal with changing role requirements and changing technology.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please click HERE to apply.
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....