Technical Vegetation Artist
Do you have green fingers and love creating amazing vegetation assets?
Within Guerrilla, we have four teams dedicated to creating the stunning environments of Horizon. One team focuses on the creation of lush and stunning vegetation. We build these 3D models from scratch, so our world dressing teams can deliver our immersive world with industry-benchmark graphics.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Technical Vegetation Artist, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Help with the creation of vegetation assets that are used to dress the game world;
- Optimize our game’s content to run within memory and fit our performance requirements;
- Resolve any of bugs to improve playability and the overall quality of our game;
- Collaborate with other Guerrilla developers to meet the narrative, quest, and design requirements;
- Analyze, plan, and collect references for the assets that need to creation.
Skills & Requirements
WHO YOU ARE
Are you a Technical Vegetation Artist with the following experience and expertise?
- Experience with at least two full development cycles for a game project (experience with an open-world game is a plus) as an (Vegetation) Artist;
- You have an impressive portfolio that highlights nature and vegetation assets;
- You have experience with Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance and industry standard game editors;
- A really, really big plus would be shader coding / shader creation knowledge;
- You have a love for nature and the outdoors that clearly reflects in your artwork.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you are up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the following link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/guerrilla/jobs/4477291002#app. For more information, please contact Wessel Haytink (Studio Recruiter) through email@example.com.
Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio where you highlight your best and most recent work. We really prefer seeing images as opposed to videos.
About the Company
Guerrilla is one of Europe's leading game development companies and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. We started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in our games ever since. Today, we employ more than 300 professionals from 25 different nationalities. Our studio is located in the cultural and historical center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands — a great place to work and play.
Guerrilla was founded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller Dutch studios, and acquired by Sony Interactive Entertainment after the release of KILLZONE in 2004. In the decade that followed, Guerrilla expanded KILLZONE into a full-fledged franchise with three sequels (KILLZONE 2, KILLZONE 3 and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL) and two handheld spin-offs (KILLZONE: LIBERATION and KILLZONE: MERCENARY). In 2016, the company launched RIGS MECHANIZED COMBAT LEAGUE, a competitive arena-based sports shooter developed from the ground up for VR. Its most recent title, released in 2017, is the critically and popularly acclaimed open world action-RPG HORIZON ZERO DAWN.