Temporary Character Artist
Treyarch is looking for a world class character artist specializing in creating realistic and lifelike characters and creatures. This will be a Temporary work assignment expecting to be long term. Our focus will be to create stunning, realistic, and memorable characters that work seamlessly in fast action-60 frames per second game play and non-pre-rendered, real time cinematics - pushing the boundaries of game play, art, storytelling, and technology. Our perfect candidate is passionate about helping us create the best Characters as possible while challenging themselves, their team, and our studio to do anything and everything we can to make the best experience for our fans. This candidate also needs to be a great team player – never putting oneself over the project needs, and the team. Candidate’s experience will determine the title, so whether you are in the earlier stages of your career, or a seasoned veteran and leader, we want to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
- Model, sculpt, and texture high quality and realistic characters and creatures.
- Working with photogrammetry and scans and other high-quality data to assist in making your work as realistic as possible.
- Using your natural talents as an artist to bring personality and mood to our characters.
- Opportunity to learn and contribute toward character design and creation.
Skills & Requirements
- Game industry experience in character art.
- Solid experience, knowledge, and ability in modeling, sculpting, UVing, baking, and surfacing pertaining to realistic human anatomy, clothing materials, and hard surface gear.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good eye for detail, proportion, likeness, and anatomy.
- Great attitude and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong traditional art skills in sketching, drawing, sculpting, and painting.
- Expert knowledge in Maya, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Experience working in various game engines.
- Experience in concept art, using that to pre-visualize final looks.
- Experience in making characters for Feature Film and VFX.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.treyarch.com/job/R001871/Temporary-Character-Artist-Treyarch
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.