Concept Artist (Environments)
We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our ranks! Working closely with your Lead CA & Art Director you will be tasked with developing ideas from the initial concept stages through to the polished production illustrations. You should be experienced in both designing and illustrating and you should have a strong understanding of fundamentals like form, function, perspective, light and design principles.
Expectations of the role
- Create high quality production designs, mood and lighting concepts
- Iterate on ideas quickly through sketches and thumbnails
- Create clear communicative illustrations of finalized designs
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Concept Artist to create and maintain high quality visual designs
- Collaborate with the other disciplines to solve problems where art and design meet
Skills & Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great artistic skills and demonstrable application of colour and light in painting
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail, materials and scale
- Good understanding of architecture and special composition
- Ability to create functional designs that fit within the project direction
- Versatility with speed of execution/iteration
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development and working as part of a team.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong traditional artistic skills
- High Quality portfolio of gamedev-relevant art
- Good self-management skills
- Working knowledge of 3D Art Software and Game Engines such as Unreal
- Previously shipped video game titles
- Knowledge and experience of multiplayer games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: https://www.splashdamage.com/careers/job/os6Bcfw5
About the Company
About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.