Game Artist/ Illustrator - Full Time Remote
Playstudios Orion is looking for talented 2D Game Artist/ Illustrator to render characters, backgrounds, symbols, and UI dialogs for our mobile slots games. Jump on a fast-moving train in the global gaming industry. The Orion division is a 100% distributed team of Playstudios, there are no physical offices, our team members are scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home!
This is a Full-Time Remote position, please read the posting carefully for key insights used for the paid art test.
Game Artist/Illustrator Responsibilities:
- Able to turn a written description or black and white wireframes into a series of visual concepts for team discussions
- Able to conceptualize quickly, iterate quickly, and be flexible in multiple art styles
- Design and render whimsical game symbols, UI assets, backgrounds, and characters
- Polish game assets to high visual standard for production
- Assist in the rendering or creation of marketing dialogs/advertisements for promotions & sales
Skills & Requirements
Game Artist/Illustrator Qualifications:
- Please do your own research on top-grossing mobile slots games and make sure the genre is within your interest
- Download MyVegas, MyKonami, and Pop! Slots, on App Store or Google Play and review the art styles
- must demonstrate strong illustration and 2D rendering skill in the portfolio
- must demonstrate the ability to work in various art styles
- Must be vocal and communicative. Be opinionated and speak your mind!
- Fluency in English is a must
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Game Artist/Illustrator Application:
- Repeat, please do your own research on top grossing mobile slots games and make sure the slots genre is within your interest
- Download MyVegas, MyKonami, and Pop! Slots
- Include in your portfolio link as well as 1-3 images you think best fits the style from the research above
- Interested applicants, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the tag [Game Artist] and (your name)
- The tag is important! Example: [Game Artist] John Doe
- Please don't forget your portfolio link(s) and a short info about yourself and your experiences. No need for lengthy cover letters.
- During the interview process, there will be a paid art test.
- We highly appreciate your interest in the position, but due to the volume of submissions, we will reach out to those selected for the interview process. Thank you.
About the Company
WE ARE A MOBILE / SOCIAL GAMES STARTUP
We compete in the dynamic mobile / social games market in the Asia Pacific with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘freemium’ model. Our games model is ‘play for fun’ only, and legal in all of the market jurisdictions that we operate in.
Playstudios Asia - Orion
The Orion division is a 100% distributed team of Playstudios, there are no physical offices, our team members are scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
- No need to feel stressed over commute.
- Smart people like you don't need to be told what to do. The team culture is focused on getting you A.M.P-ed UP!
- Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose
- We value talents that can form a P.A.C.T with the team.
- Proactive, Assertive, Communicative & Transparent
- Hours are flexible, but we require 2-4 hours of overlap for communication. We operate in GMT+8 Hong Kong.