RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [WWII, Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare Remastered, Call of Duty: Online, Black Ops, Advanced Warfare, Ghosts, and more] is looking for a passionate Senior Technical Artist to join our incredible team as we continue to develop the best games in the industry.
As a Senior Technical Artist you will help establish the goals and drive the quality of the tech art team. Through collaboration with project leadership, designers, artists, and engineers you will drive the design, implementation, validation, and demonstration of innovative new rendering and content creation processes and features. Your ambition is to deliver the most powerful, flexible real-time graphics technology in the industry.
- Design content workflows to empower content creators to build industry-leading high-quality real-time graphics content
- Establish an art content standard for a Physically Based Rendering (PBR) environment, driving delivery of shaders and materials
- Be an evangelist to support and guide content creators to utilize all aspects of the engine toolset to bring out the best results
- Create content to validate new rendering features in development
- Set best practices around content organization and how to achieve desired look
- Establish guidelines for optimizing performance/memory for cross-platform game content
- Collaborate with development partners to solve problems and deliver industry-leading results
- Troubleshoot workflow issues with Version Control systems such as Git, SVN, or Perforce
- Mentor other technical artists within the department
- Maintain documentation on pipelines and art tools
- Portfolio that demonstrates tech art experience in several of the following: lighting, shading, visual effects, environments, characters, rendering, content management and optimization
- 4+ years of game development experience or real-time 3D applications
- Expert in PBR content pipeline
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game title
- Strong working knowledge of multiple DCC packages (3Ds Max, Maya, Houdini, Photoshop)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with both art and design workflows, including map and asset creation
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes
- Superior work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Deep expertise in a content creation discipline such as lighting, VFX, modeling, or texturing
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of technical artists and providing direction
- Experience writing and/or debugging shaders
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix complex workflow issues in artist software, VC systems, and game engines
- Examples of inventing new techniques or processes
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun and collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software has gone from a five-person company with a dream of creating a role-playing game for the Amiga, to the developer of numerous award-winning games and best-selling titles, including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and most recently being a major contributor to the Call of Duty® franchise.
At Raven, we’ve built our company on expectations. An expectation to always design the games that define industry standards for graphics and playability. An expectation that award-winning games are the norm. But more than anything, a clear understanding of our market’s expectations: that being, for us to consistently produce the games that people want to play. In other words, exactly everything we’ve been doing since 1990.