Trainee Animator - Total War
We have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Animator to join our multi-award winning Total War team.
As a Trainee Animator, you will be mentored by senior members of the team to help develop your animation skills on our current Total War projects with the opportunity to gain insight on content from beginning to completion.
As a Trainee Animator, you will create in-game animations from concept to polished animations working in-game and everything in between. Working closely with your animation supervisor, you will learn to work within set time constraints and to hit our high quality benchmark. You will take onboard and implement feedback as appropriate.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A demo reel showing an understanding of core animation principles. Your reel should include some locomotion and action pieces. Storytelling/acting pieces are also of interest
- Working knowledge of Maya or similar
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to working with and learn about motion capture
- Some knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Understanding of the interplay between game mechanics and animation
The traineeships will run for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.