We are looking for a Texture Artist for Substance Source. With a strong team spirit and a love for materials, you will take care of the creation and maintenance of Substance materials and content for Substance softwares. You will also from time to time create filters in Substance Designer (for the Substance suite) and other type of resources.
Candidate should be passionate and curious about materials and processes, keen to discover new industries and workflows in order to adapt to all kinds of users whether from Game, VFX, Architecture and Design.
As part of the Substance Content department you will be collaborating within a multidisciplinary team to generate meaningful and inspiring content for the Substance user community as well as maintaining existing content on Substance Source platform.
About the role :
- Create and maintain realistic (from references) or stylized materials using Substance softwares
- Assure optimization of created assets for both pre-render or real-time
- Work with developers, product designers, UX and QA experts in order to improve existing products based on your usage
- Be part of a team based at different locations (will to communicate by distance/maintain contact over a production)
- Occasionally create 3D models (high/low polys)
Skills & Requirements
- Preliminary experience in Game, VFX or 3D related industry
- Extensive experience with Allegorithmic Substance tools (Substance Designer, Substance Painter)
- High standards in creating high quality textures/materials
- Understanding of PBR rendering and materials
- Proficient with at least one 3D software (ex: 3ds Max, Maya, Zbrush, etc.)
- Experience creating 3D models (modeling, texturing), even if it will not be the main focus
- Ability to follow concept/reference
- Ability to manage and organize work in order to complete tasks within production deadlines
- Ability to focus on details in order to favorize UX
- Open and responsive to guidance, review notes and constructive feedbacks
- Altruist (everyone is as important as you)
- Knowledge in photogrammetry/scan
- Familiarity with both game engines (UE4, Unity,etc.) and renderers (iRay, VRay, Arnold, etc.)
- Experienced with customers' feedback and support
- Resume and up to date portfolio
Job location : Clermont-Ferrand
How to Apply
When applying, please provide a resume, a few words about why you applied in the "Cover letter" section and an up-to-date portfolio.
Please apply here: Texture Artist
About the Company
Allegorithmic - an Adobe Company, is the industry leader in 3D texture and material creation technologies. More than 200,000 users in the domains of games and entertainment, animation and VFX, architecture, and design rely on Allegorithmic's award-winning Substance texture and material authoring software for developing the next generation of digital content.
Clients include: Activision, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Double Negative, Naughty Dog, Foster+Partners, Gensler, Louis Vuitton, Mercedes,etc...
Founded in 2003, Allegorithmic is based in France with offices in Clermont-Ferrand, Lyon and Paris, and has global offices in Los Angeles, Cleveland, Montreal, Seoul and Singapore.
We create software for artists in a highly-collaborative, inspiring and creative environment, come join us!
Looking forward to meet you at Allegorithmic!