Lead Technical Environment Artist
We are looking for a technical environment artist to lead the Game Art team in their creation and implementation of great looking and highly performant environment and game art for Gods Unchained.
Passion for creative technical problem solving
Love 3D modelling, sculpting and texturing? Obsessed with particles and shaders? Are you always thinking of ways to alter meshes, textures or art assets to improve performance? Fantastic - the Gods themselves need your expertise.
Help us create a player-first future
With Gods Unchained we're on a mission to change the way gamers think about in-game property rights. We believe if you earn or pay for an item in a video game, you should own it, and be free to sell or trade it on a whim. You will be contributing directly to this mission by creating AAA quality assets players are proud to own.
Develop leadership and communication skills
Whilst you will be responsible for completing the most challenging artistic production tasks, the day to day part of this role is the amplification, enhancement and management of the Game Art team to help them create the most amazing artwork possible.
Day to day you will
- Report to Art Director and VP Product
- Manage and develop the 3D Team
- Integrate assets and environments into tech systems
- Collaborate with Engineering and UX/UI departments
- Manage external contractors as needed
- Own and iterate on the process of asset development for Gods Unchained
- Create complex and difficult artistic assets, finding clever solutions to difficult art problems
Skills & Requirements
Technical things you already know
- Understanding of source control
- Expert at Zbrush, Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Expert in at least one modelling package (3DS Max, Maya, Blender or Modo)
- Extensive Unity experience (although Unreal Engine 4 experience is fine, both would be preferred)
- In depth knowledge of material graphs and particle systems
- In depth knowledge of real-time lighting and performance
How to Apply
Please submit your application here
About the Company
The $100 billion gaming industry is on the verge of revolution. For decades, gamers have suffered under the pretense of ownership: purchasing digital assets to which they hold but negligible rights. Now, with the advent of blockchain technology, comes the opportunity to empower gamers with true ownership. At Fuel, our mission is to lead this revolution and transform the space as social and mobile platforms did years ago.
With a small but exceptional team of artists, designers and engineers we are building Gods Unchained: a AAA trading card game where players have complete control over their assets. As we approach launch, we need the help of other talented professionals to help bring our game to the world.
That's where you come in...