The FX Artist is responsible for creating high quality visual effects with minimum supervision in accordance with art direction and production deadlines. He/she works together with Concept, Lighting and Texture artists, Game and Level designers to ensure that all the elements of the game are artistically consistent, work together to ensure gameplay clarity and are not exceeding the current technical restrictions.
- Create high quality in-game visual effects;
- Create and tweak real-time rendered materials;
- Work with designers, artists and programmers in order to achieve aesthetic excellence;
- Work within the technical limits of current platforms.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with particle systems and geometry based visual effects;
- Experience with Photoshop;
- Experience with 3ds Max or equivalent 3D package;
- Self-motivated problem solver;
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
- Good communication skills;
- Good English skills.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with a node-based workflow;
- Experience with Houdini;
- Previous experience in game development will be much appreciated.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio/reel using this link.
About the Company
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The Studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®. For more than five years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. Right now, after 12 years, more than 16 released games, and increasing its teams almost six times to 180+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is working away on contributing to three of the Ubisoft's biggest projects including the recently announced Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and Skull & Bones.
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work related conferences and trainings;
- Flexible working hours;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.