Lead UI Artist [Avatar Project]
As a Lead UI Artist at Massive you'll be a key-player in developing the artistic style of the UI on our Avatar game project. You'll lead, develop and coordinate a small team of UI Artists to help create an immersive, tactile and diegetic UI within James Cameron's world of Pandora.
To reach this goal, you’ll work proactively with leaders throughout the Game Design Team, Programmers and Artists to solve issues with the player’s best interest in mind.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Drive UI Art in accordance with the project's artistic direction;
- Prioritize, plan and organize own and teams work, in conjunction with the Associate Producer;
- Develop performance and expertise within the UI Art team while furthering own knowledge;
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for the studio;
- Identify and set up best practices, work-flows and pipelines;
- Conduct appropriate ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven work experience as a leader/mentor for a team of artists/designers;
- Excellent Graphic Design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography);
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is essential;
- Good understanding of Motion Graphics;
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.).
- Exposure to the games industry and game engines (e.g. UNREAL), design tool-sets and production pipelines;
- Familiarity with management software (such as Perforce and Jira);
- Degree in Graphic Design, Art or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.);
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.).
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply through our website by clicking the following link: Lead UI Artist [Avatar Project]
About the Company
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 615 people from 47 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.