Mission Lighting Artist
The developers of this AAA game in Vancouver are looking for a highly creative and motivated Lighting Artist. In this position, you will be expected to help create visually stunning scenes. You will also be expected to play a role in solving technical problems through collaboration with Art and Engineering.
- Work closely with Art, Cinematic and Programming Teams to create industry leading visuals across a variety of environments, characters and cinematic sequences.
- Craft compelling lighting which supports story, art direction and gameplay objectives.
- Translate conceptual illustrations into outstanding real-time lighting visuals.
- Work with Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements.
- Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the Art Directors, Lighting Lead, Cinematic Director and other relevant departments.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of current industry technology, constraints and trends.
- Participate in portfolio reviews, recruitment interviews, and assist in finding and retaining talent.
Skills & Requirements
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in video games, film/television. Experience shipping AAA games preferable.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience
- Outstanding knowledge of both real-time and pre-rendered lighting principals (dynamic lighting, light bake solutions, sub surface scattering, HDR, physically based rendering)
- Thorough understanding of how light, shadow and color create tone and mood.
- Exceptional grasp for compositional storytelling and cinematography.
- Understanding of VFX, cinematic or feature film animation production pipelines and workflows.
- Background in real world photography, cinematography and lighting a plus.
- Relevant 2D and 3D software experience - Maya, Photoshop, Proprietary Lighting Tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively - must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
- Unreal Engine or other games engine experience a plus
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Please send reels/resumes to Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.