Technical Artist - Total War
You will be part of a dedicated Technical Art team working on the award winning Total War series. The team is focused on improving the quality and efficiency of creating art for our games and you will be a key part of helping the artists realise their vision in the game. This role will have you in contact with many different areas of art production and you’ll be contributing significantly to our art pipelines.
As part of the Total War Technical Art team you will build and maintain art content pipelines and develop technical solutions to facilitate our artists in producing world class content for our games.
Day to day you will work on planned pipeline changes and improvements, as well as supporting the art team with ad hoc assistance as required. You will work on a variety of technical areas, from creating standalone scripted tools, building integrated toolsets within DCC software, authoring in game shaders, writing technical documentation and measuring game performance.
You will also be a bridge of information between artists and programmers, assisting with communication and streamlining problem solving for both sides when required.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- In depth knowledge of 3ds Max (or similar 3D package)
- Proven experience with scripting languages – e.g. Maxscript; Mel; Python.
- Solid understanding of content pipelines
- Good communication skills and teamwork
- Experience working in game development as a technical artist
- Passion for problem solving and making games!
- Working knowledge of Substance (Designer and Painter)
- Experience with general purpose programming languages – e.g. Python; C; C++
- Experience authoring shaders
- Understanding of rendering techniques such as PBR
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.