2D Game Artist - Full-Time Remote
Playstudios Orion - a 100% distributed team, is looking for a full-time 2D Game Artist to help illustrate and render characters, backgrounds, and symbol designs for our games:
2D Game Artist Responsibilities:
Work closely with concept artists to render out conceptual sketches into production-ready assets
Able to iterate quickly, and be flexible in multiple art styles
Design whimsical game symbols, UI assets, backgrounds, and characters
Polish game assets to high visual standard for production
Create marketing dialogs/advertisements for promotions & sales
Skills & Requirements
2D Game Artist Qualifications:
- 2+ years in the mobile gaming industry
- Strong rendering and illustration ability
- Excellent artistic skill set, understanding of color theory and composition.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proactive, with the ability to lead a creative vision
- Work well under deadline pressure
- Must be vocal and communicative
- Fluent in English is a MUST
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality 2D illustration/concept art
- Require 2-4 hours of overlap for communication. We operate in GMT+8.
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
- Please do your own research on top grossing mobile slots games and make sure the slots genre is within your interest
- Download MyVegas, MyKonami, Pop! Slots, Lucky Life Slots, Royal Charm Slots and review the art styles
- Include in your portfolio link as well as 1-3 images you think best fits the style from the research above
- Interested applicants, please send your application to email@example.com with the tag [2D Game Artist] and (your name)
- The tag is important! Example: [2D Game Artist] Your Name
- Please don't forget your portfolio link(s) and a short info about yourself and your experiences. No need for lengthy cover letters.
- During the interview process, there will be a paid art test.
- We highly appreciate your interest in the position, but due to the volume of submissions, we will reach out to those selected for the interview process. Thank you.
About the Company
Playstudios Orion division is 100% distributed, there are no physical offices, everyone is remotely scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
We like talents who can form a P.A.C.T with us
Proactive: capable self-starter and goal-oriented personality
Assertive: able to place oneself into production and offering help to others without overhead supervision
Communicative: be transparent and always updating the team on your progress or any issues encountered. Do not be afraid to speak your mind, we appreciate you!
- Trustworthy: Trust is earned by demonstrating competence in your craft and being able to deliver outstanding work on time while being proactive, assertive, and communicative.
Our roles are full-time positions and are not your stereotypical boring freelance job where you engage with one manager. You will experience a brand new work methodology as you work real time with dozens of talents across the globe.