At Brown Bag Films, we are actively seeking a driven & talented 3D Animation Director to join our team & work with our talented artists on a fast paced and unique production. This role will report directly to the show Producer.
Summary of the role:
This in house 3D Animation Director requirement will suit someone who has well developed experience in 3D Animation Directing and is looking for a new challenge. You will be someone who is able to work both in a team and on your own in a fast paced and creative environment, who not only has a strong animation and artistic flair, but can motivate and work with animators in a collaborative and creative environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Responsible for establishing key character animation and animation bible for the entire production with the Lead Animator and Director.
- To ensure the high standard of animation is maintained throughout the production.
- Write scene by scene animation notes for each episode shipment.
- Review animation passes from the internal and external teams and write notes and responses to push animation to the desired standard.
- Approve facial and character rig with Rigging Lead.
- Approve Blend Shapes and Morphs for facial expressions.
- Work closely with the Director to understand overall storytelling and humour of the show.
- Work closely with the animation teams to improve each delivery and in turn reduce retakes as production proceeds.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in directing 3D animation for long form Animation productions or equivalent experience.
- Must have 3D animation experience.
- Clear communication skills.
- Must be very detailed oriented and organised.
- Must passionate about character animation and acting.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please click HERE to apply.
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....