Digital Matte Painter
Rebellion VFX are opening the doors of our brand new Didcot Film and TV Studios and we are looking for an experienced Digital Matte Painter.
With projects based on classic Rebellion IPs, this is an opportunity to be working on some brand new film and TV projects and be one of the first members of the new VFX team.
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Didcot Studio. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Skills & Requirements
- Definitive knowledge in Photoshop
- Must have experience on Nuke projections.
- Experience on modelling, texturing, layout, lighting and digital matte painting for feature film
- Thorough understanding of 3D and 2.5D VFX processes and production pipelines
- Good understanding of compositing
- Good understanding of colour pipeline
- Proven experience developing photo-real environments
- Painting photorealistic environments and elements for integration into VFX shots
- Combine skills in painting and 3D with knowledge of composition, design, photography, and digital modeling to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images for film.
- Performing tasks such as layout, matte extraction, colour correction, paint fixes, roto and assembly of live action and 3D elements.
How to Apply
About the Company
Rebellion are one of Europe's largest independent game developers working on great games, including some of the top franchises in the world, for top publishers and on a range of formats covering Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and VR.
We have studios in Oxford, Liverpool and Warwick in the United Kingdom, and also publish the legendary 2000AD comic featuring Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors and many more characters.
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Didcot Location: Close to Oxford and Reading. Easily commutable by car and train.