Senior Level Artist [Avatar] (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Senior Level Artist (f/m/d) to join our ambitious team, developing the world of Pandora. The role will be focused on building and setting up environment assets. Props and levels including destruction and special functionality. This Artist will be responsible for ensuring the best possible visual and technical quality for the assets produced.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
Skills & Requirements
- A keen eye for composition, proportion, and sense of scale
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the games industry
- At least two shipped commercial AAA title
- Strong ability to tell stories through level art and propping scenes
- Skilled in creating mood and atmosphere for game environments (lighting, composition, etc.)
- Solid understanding of industry-standard 3D modelling packages as well as texture & material creation workflows
- Ability to optimize the game world to meet performance requirements
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Be forward-thinking and anticipate the needs of your project with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Very good modeling and digital sculpting skills are a plus (Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush, Mudbox)
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Experience with outsourcing is a plus
- Creation of high quality assets and scenes
- Close collaboration with the Art team and the Level Design team to develop an exceptional player experience
- Asset briefing, prototyping and final propping of in-game scenes with a focus on mood and environmental storytelling
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Scene management, asset integration and performance optimization
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments scenes
- Examples of mood and lighting
- Examples of environmental storytelling
- Examples of style variety
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is also collaborating with Massive Entertainment on the Avatar project, building an immersive, deep, and tangible world based on James Cameron’s Avatar.